Cheon Seong Gyeong: Episode 421
Cheon Seong Gyeong Book 13: Peace Messages
Chapter 3: True Parents and the Era of Cheon Il Guk
Section 1: True Parents’ Life and Accomplishments, 12-20
(12) These leaders made up a corps of the peace kingdom of heaven and earth, an army restoring a nation a day with the truth and Blessing. The Word and Blessing, proclaimed simultaneously each day in twelve major cities of each nation, brought the greatest joy to all humanity. The mobilization of the three generations of the True Family is an event that will be renowned for eternity. It is something that no saint ever imagined, a miracle that will be praised forevermore as a victorious liberation of Heaven.
(13) Today, October 14, 2006, is yet another day of history-shaping victory that I will never forget. It is the anniversary of the day the United Nations forces liberated me, and I became a free man after spending two years and eight months in a North Korean labor camp. The communists took over North Korea shortly after the liberation of my country. I had been conveying Heaven's message to the people living under the communists and, as a result, was unjustly imprisoned. October 14, 1950, was a perilous day, and Heaven was compelled to create a miracle. It was on this day that I, the person with the seal of the True Parent of humankind, was to be publicly executed. There was no way that Heaven could ignore this. I declare this day, which bears such great providential significance, to be a historic day of victory. Through it, as the True Parent of humankind under the protection of God, I offer glory and respect to Heaven and blessings and love to the earth.
(14) Please do not forget that our mission is to elevate the Universal Peace Federation, now one year old, to the position of the Abel-type UN. Heaven is instructing us to develop the Universal Peace Federation as a new international peace organization. At the same time, we are to reform the United Nations, which stands as a Cain-type institution, by promoting the establishment within it of a peace council. It would have the same rank as the current UN Security Council, but be free from Satan's realm. This council would be a legislative body consisting of religious leaders from around the globe, under the protection of God. I am saying that we have to establish a peace council that will work not for the interests of nations, as the UN presently does, but for humanity's true welfare and peace, based upon a perspective that goes beyond national interests. The concept of the Universal Peace Federation, which was launched according to God's ideal purpose of creation, could not have emerged from the wisdom of one human being. It is the unsurpassed, supreme blessing Heaven has given humanity as we usher in the new millennium. Thus, it is my hope that the Mongolian People’s Federation will recognize and fulfill its duty as a partner of the Universal Peace Federation in achieving these noble goals bestowed by Heaven.
The work True Parents have done
(15) I have surmounted and triumphed over a course of inexpressible suffering and tribulation. I have not lived for personal glory or comfort. Even as I walked a thorny path, on the razor’s edge between life and death, I held on dearly to Heaven's command to bring salvation to humanity because I had received Heaven's seal and was made fully aware of the objectives of God's Will. Though beaten down many times, I rose up like the phoenix and continued my exhausting work. Now leaders of religion, academia, politics, and other fields, both here in America and throughout the world, recognize me as the champion in eight areas of spiritual knowledge and discipline.
(16) The first has to do with the knowledge of God. Until now, God has been understood only as an all-knowing and all-powerful being. People envision God sitting on a throne of honor and glory as the absolute Master, having nothing to do with the created world. There is another side to this, however. From the moment I embarked on my journey to fulfill God's providential call, I came to know that the relationship between God and human beings is that of parent and child. I learned that God has been the Parent of pain, sorrow, and lamentation ever since He lost His first children, Adam and Eve. Throughout my life, I have been doing my very best to dissolve God's pain and sorrow and bring liberation and total freedom to His heart. Finally, on January 13, 2001, through the Enthronement Ceremony for God's Kingship, I was able to restore His throne of glory and power and offer it to Him.
(17) The second area has to do with the reality of Satan. Throughout history, human beings have not known the identity of the devil, Satan, who caused the Fall and led us into all kinds of evils. For fourteen years, I labored desperately through crushing spiritual battles to discover all the secrets of the spirit world. Finally, I discovered the identity of Satan, the origin of evil. Taking it one step further, I uncovered Satan's strategy and tactics by which he multiplied his power. Satan's strategy was to defile the human lineage through the Fall. After discovering this, I totally committed to restoring God's original lineage. The international cross-cultural marriage Blessing movement, now widely known throughout the world, is the heavenly path developed for this purpose.
(18) The third area has to do with understanding the human condition. What is the origin of human beings, how should we live, and where are we meant to go? Why do fallen people's minds and bodies fight, struggling in continual conflict? What is the meaning of life and death? Does the world after death truly exist? If it does, what does that mean for how we live while on earth? The Principle of Creation that I have discovered provides detailed answers to these questions and others. In addition, I have the ability to look into the hearts of men and women and intuit their destiny. That is why, throughout the world, I have been matching many young people with their spouses-to-be.
(19) The fourth area has to do with knowledge and understanding of the spirit world. The spirit world, the world beyond physical death, really exists. All people are bound to go there as an extension of their earthly life. Human life is a continuous stream all the way from one's conception and life in the womb to an eternal life after one's physical death. When their physical lives have ended, those who have received the marriage Blessing, which eradicates the original sin and opens the way to spiritual perfection, receive the Seonghwa Ceremony. This ceremony is not for mourning; rather, it is to joyfully bid farewell and congratulate the departed on their path to the heavenly realms, where they will enjoy eternal life. We should understand clearly that the countless saints and sages who lived on earth throughout history are actually alive in the spirit world. Having been reborn as absolute good spirits after receiving the True Parents' marriage Blessing, they are assisting God's providence on the earth. Each moment in our earthly life is recorded in the spirit world, exactly as it takes place. On the day we cross over to the spirit world, we will be judged based on our life's record. That is why all human beings should practice true love and sacrifice themselves for a greater cause throughout their lives.
(20) The fifth area has to do with the knowledge of Jesus. I came to understand the terrible tragedy of the crucifixion. Jesus came as God's Son, the Savior, and Messiah, but he was opposed and rejected, even by the people whom God had prepared to receive him. It was God's Will that Jesus, as the second Adam, fulfill the model of a God-centered ideal family and engraft all humanity. Christianity became the foundation of Western civilization through Rome and then became the nucleus of the Atlantic and Pacific civilizations. It has always stood in the position of the bride to receive the Lord at his Second Coming. Therefore Christians, in particular, have to comprehend Jesus' heart of sorrow at being driven to the cross, at being unable to fully live out God's Will for him. My teachings clearly explain the truth of Jesus' mission, the salvation through the cross, and the reason for his return.