Stay posted — we'll add tech updates here to ensure everything is working smoothly.
October 11, 2019
On 10/11, our English links forwarded users to an error message from bitly, an intermediary online service that we use to deliver Godible.
We are now sorting out the error and apologize for the confusion.
For your convenience, you can find today's episodes in English (and in Japanese) here:
October 7, 2019
On 10/5, a broken link was sent out in the English email and text message to those signed up to receive Godible in the morning (EST). The link was fixed within a few hours and an updated email and text message sent to our morning users.
September 30, 2019
We ran into two issues today: a delay in posting the English audio file and an incorrect link for the Japanese post. Both issues have been resolved, so clicking on the links in today's text and/or email will now bring you to the correct content.
If there's ever a similar issue in the future, whether a text fails to go out or an email link is incorrect, you can always visit the Godible archives to access the day's reading or to catch up on either our English or Japanese episodes.
September 27, 2019
Thank you for your continued engagement with Godible!
Here are some updates about recent efforts to improve our delivery system as well as a few issues that ensued between 9/21-23 during system tests, which have now been resolved:
- Text message delivery is sometimes filtered by mobile carriers. We have learned that the only way to fix this is to get an approved number from the carriers, which takes up to 3 months. We will notify users when they should see an improvement in deliverability, but until then, you can access all previous Godible episodes here on our newly improved Godible website: https://godible.org/blogs/daily-godible.
- We are still working on a Japanese equivalent at this time, so we invite our Japanese users to continue referencing the Godible blog for previous Japanese posts here: https://edu.familyfed.org/scripture-readings-jp!
- On Monday 9/23, early morning Godible deliveries were delayed to 9 a.m. EST. This has been fixed.
- On the weekend of 9/21-22, when testing an alternate number, many Godible texts were not sent out. This has been fixed by switching back to our original Godible number.
- Users who originally signed up without picking a delivery time may not have received Godible. This issue has been fixed.
We thank you for your patience as we continue to improve our system. We are building as we go, so there are likely to be more issues moving forward, but we will always do our best to resolve them in a timely manner. Remember if there is ever a problem, you can now access previous episodes here (jp) or reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.