Cheon Seong Gyeong: Episode 411
Cheon Seong Gyeong Book 13: Peace Messages
Chapter 1: The Ideal Family in Cheon II Guk
Section 2: God’s Model Ideal Family, 09-17
(9) Generally speaking, a family consists of husband and wife and parents and children. With God’s love at the center of that family, the husband represents heaven, and the wife represents earth. Although they are two separate beings, when husband and wife have become one on the horizontal plane, their union symbolizes the unity of heaven and earth. Simply put, when husband and wife become one in God’s love, the way to unity in the universe opens up.
(10) God created the world to receive joy. Since even the Absolute Being, God, could not feel joy while alone, He needed a partner with whom He could share the giving and receiving of love. This is because joy cannot be experienced all alone, but only through a partner. To put it another way, God created this world in order to feel joy from seeing humankind and all things of the creation become one through His love, forming a harmonious and peaceful environment of love. Human beings thus are absolutely necessary for the perfection of God’s ideal of love. From this, we can understand that an absolute partner creates absolute value. Thus human beings were meant to form true conjugal relationships centered upon God’s love and to establish families, tribes, peoples, nations, and a world of true love. God created this world so that He could participate directly in this process and feel joy through it.
(11) God as the Father and humankind as His children were to form a vertical axis; this was the purpose for the creation of human beings. If this axis had been connected, that is, if they had established a relationship that united humanity and God as one through true love, that relationship would have been an absolutely inseparable one, which no force in the universe could break apart. How could anyone who has tasted the original love of God ever be separated from it? With the coming of spring, honeybees wake from their long slumber with a taste for the fresh nectar of the blooming flowers. Try pulling the abdomen of one such honeybee while it is feasting on that nectar, lost to all else. You will see that it cannot tear away from the nectar, even if its abdomen is pulled off. How about you? Once you really get to know the taste of God’s true love, you won’t go far from it before you come back and cling to it once again. The power of the vertical true love that connects us to Him is greater than the power of life.
A family of three generations living in harmony
(12) The reason we miss the family we have left behind is because that is where love abides. It is the home of the love of mother and father, the love of elder brothers and sisters and younger siblings, and the love of one’s spouse, children, and close neighbors. It is a place where love and affection define all relationships. This makes you want to cherish each and every member of your family. Any wanderer who has left his family behind yearns to return to them as a renewed person. He longs for the mountains, streams, and trees of his hometown, to embrace his relatives and countrymen, and to sing joyful songs. However, this has not been the situation of humankind, descended from the Fall. Banished from their original heavenly hometown, human beings are destined to wander in isolation and defeat. They are unable ever to go back, no matter how much they miss their family, for they have lost the root of the heart of their original homeland. With the ushering in of the era of a new heaven and a new earth, we have pulled human beings out of the quicksand that was sucking them down and opened the way for them to return to their hometown, which they had never forgotten, and to meet with their true family. Could there ever be a day of greater blessing for humanity? The time of heavenly power and fortune has come, making it possible for us to re-establish the original family that was lost through the Fall of Adam and Eve.
(13) When seeking the lost original family, you need to set out from the position of the perfected Adam, the position of the perfected Jesus, and the position representing the perfected Second Coming of the Lord. God will dwell in that family. It will have three generations, grandparents, parents and children, living in harmony. Parents and children will serve and attend the grandparents, who represent the family’s ancestors, its historical root.
(14) The God-centered family is the model pattern for a life of living for the sake of others. The model ideal family is one in which parents and children love and respect each other, husband and wife are grounded in mutual trust and love, and brothers and sisters trust and rely on each other, and all live together as one. This is a true family wherein the stem of true love emerges from the root of true love and bears the fruit of true love. Such families contain the living roots of history and the roots of the kingdom of heaven, and this is where the kingdom of heaven on earth takes root. They are the soil in which the everlasting kingship is firmly planted. The grandparents, parents, and children represent the roots of the past, present, and future, respectively. The root of the past represents the spirit world; the root of the present is the world today, and the root of the future represents the grandsons and granddaughters as princes and princesses. Through such a family, we erect the palace of peace, representing the harmony of the two worlds, the spirit world and the physical world. In this manner, the three generations of grandparents, parents, and grandchildren should live together as one family, serving the eternal God. You should know that to seek and establish such a family of Cheon II Guk, God’s kingdom, is the responsibility of the tribal messiahs, the mission of the ambassadors for peace, and the desire of God.
(15) To realize a society of universal values, interdependence, and mutual prosperity and unite humanity as one great family, we need to break down the walls in our hearts and eliminate the barriers between nations. This begins from each family. Therefore, we should bear in mind that to create true families is our providential calling and, that to do so, advances the establishment of the universal peace kingdom on earth.
(16) You should create families that God will miss and yearn to return to. You should raise families to which He can come freely as a Parent visiting His children. This is what it means to live in service to God. In such families, God becomes the vertical subject of our conscience. Following that vertical subject, your mind stands as your own vertical subject and brings your mind and body into unity. That is where parental love, conjugal love, children’s love, and siblings’ love—the Four Great Realms of Heart—are perfected. Only in such a family can the upper and lower, front and back, left and right connect as one, and spherical motion ensue. This brings forth God’s everlasting, model ideal families, model ideal nations, and peace kingdom.
(17) If only the world were filled with such true families! The heavenly way and heavenly law would govern that world, with no need for lawyers, prosecutors, or even judges. Ponder this for a moment. Who would be most fully aware of your good and bad deeds? It would be your grandparents, your parents, your spouse, and your children. Is there anything that cannot be resolved within the family? When parents and children, husband and wife, and elder and younger siblings set an example of living for the sake of one another, how could anything be unforgivable? What reason would they have to commit crimes? A world governed by the heavenly way, and the heavenly law is a natural world, a world in which truth and pure reason are unobstructed. This is the world of high noon settlement, where the realization of absolute values banishes all shadows. Therefore, we should bear in mind our providential calling to create true families, advancing the establishment of the universal peace kingdom on earth.