Cheon Seong Gyeong: Episode 426
Cheon Seong Gyeong Book 13: Peace Messages
Chapter 3: True Parents and the Era of Cheon Il Guk
Section 2: God’s Providential View of History, 26
Section 3: The Providence of the Cheon Il Guk Era, 08
(26) During the past eighty-some years, I have upheld the commands of God and dedicated myself wholeheartedly to establishing the kingdom of God on earth and in heaven, that is, a world of peace, the ideal God envisioned at the Creation. I have visited all corners of the world many times over in order to disseminate Heaven's message. Notably, as we entered the twenty-first century, I revealed this teaching about Heaven's providential direction and the future of humankind centered on the Pacific Rim, which is God's final blessing and warning to all people. There is no other way to realize a world of peace. Following the commands of God, the True Parent of humankind, I have embraced the world. Establishing the Abel UN, I am actively pursuing and practicing the providence of salvation. Unless people uphold Rev. Moon's teachings, there is no hope for the future of humanity. Please engrave this message, which is Heaven's ultimatum, in your heart, and hold on to it as the standard by which you will lead your life.
Section 3. The Providence of the Cheon II Guk Era
(1) As we begin the twenty-first century, we find ourselves at a truly historic turning point. It is a point of decision between realizing everlasting world peace or repeating the twentieth century's bleak and oppressive history of war and conflict. The twentieth century was a period of ceaseless struggle, including nations scrambling to gain colonies, the First and Second World Wars, and the Korean War, to which the United Nations mobilized the forces of sixteen nations. They were mobilized to the Korean peninsula under God's providence in order to regain God's homeland of peace. Even after that, however, humanity had to endure a period of conflict and hostility during the Cold War between East and West. Living through this era, I dedicated my life entirely to bringing about the kingdom of God, the kingdom of the peaceful, ideal world. I have always prayed sincerely that the United Nations, founded after the Second World War, would be an institution for peace and that it would uphold God's Will for the realization of eternal world peace.
(2) The United Nations has indeed made important contributions to peace since 1945. Nevertheless, around its sixtieth anniversary in 2005, there was a broad consensus, both inside and outside the organization, that the UN had yet to discover the way to fulfill its founding purposes. The number of member states approaches two hundred, but the offices of these states do little more than represent and even insist on their own interests. They seem inherently unable to resolve conflicts and achieve peace.
The emergence of the Universal Peace Federation
(3) Throughout history, people have worked continuously for peace based upon human effort alone. Consider the confrontation between democracy and communism. Outwardly, the difference between the two is the extent to which they recognize and assure individual rights and freedoms. Yet from the viewpoint of God's providence, communism and democracy are like children who have lost their parents. The two divided into the positions of Cain and Abel respectively, and became trapped in the chains of fraternal conflict. Throughout history, peace movements inevitably reached their limit and ended in failure because imperfect human beings carried them out. This is why the United Nations, although launched with the splendid dream of realizing world peace, today must admit its inherent limitations and confess that it can no longer give hope to humanity. This is simply because the UN was launched during the era prior to the time when God could govern the unfolding of His providence in history directly.
(4) Now, however, it is entirely possible for the Universal Peace Federation to fulfill its mission to unite heaven and earth and form the kingdom of the peaceful, ideal world. This is because it represents God's victory and the fruit of the True Parents' blood, sweat, and tears. Therefore, the Universal Peace Federation is the world's cherished hope. It will carry out the role of an Abel-type counterpart to the existing Cain-type United Nations, to renew the UN and provide the leadership for a new sovereignty of universal peace, Cheon II Guk.
(5) The Universal Peace Federation will now stand in the Abel position to the existing UN. It will not be an arena of competition like that between the member nations and departments of the UN. Instead, on a pan-global level encompassing heaven and earth, it will carry out a history-shaping revolution for the peace and welfare of humanity. Unlike the UN, which focuses on superficial issues and slogans, the Universal Peace Federation will fulfill the messianic mission that genuinely benefits humankind on a fundamental and substantive level. With this purpose in mind, on October 20 last year, while in the Ukraine during my world speaking tour conveying the inaugural message of the Universal Peace Federation in 120 nations, I proclaimed before the world the inauguration of the global peace kingdom police force and the global peace kingdom corps. These two organizations will play roles corresponding to those of the red blood cells and white blood cells of our bodies. In all corners of the world, they will nourish and protect the blessed families who have made a new beginning by engrafting to the lineage of Heaven. They will be sentinels, defending, protecting, and cultivating this beautiful world, this garden of Eden given to us by God, for which we need to be grateful.
(6) With a view to building the ideal kingdom of heaven that is God's desire, I am promoting the world's most ambitious project, which is to build a tunnel under the Bering Strait. This will be part of the International Highway of Peace that is to connect all oceans and continents and allow people to travel freely around the globe. The United Nations, which began with the noble ideal of realizing world peace, is now only a shadow of what it was meant to be. Unable to turn my back on this sad reality, I am promoting the renewal of the UN. In support of these efforts, I have founded the Universal Peace Federation (UPF) as the new Peace UN, or Abel-type UN, with the belief that we need to pour new wine into fresh wineskins. UPF will guide humanity into the revolutionary era in which a new and universal civilization of peace will begin. It is already active in more than 120 nations.
(7) The Mongolian race makes up 74 percent of the world's population; it is the largest racial group in the world. We should inspire all five billion of them and generate a climate of true love on this planet. You and I were born on the Korean peninsula; we share the same cultural background. You are the peace ambassadors and envoys of Heaven who are conveying my teachings and educating others to establish exemplary families of true love, true life, and true lineage. You, who have become ambassadors for peace, please go forward with conviction and dignity, as prophets who come with Heaven's truth and have no fear of death. Go out as Heaven's envoys, and God will certainly grant you eternal life.
(8) The Mongolian birthmark, which we have in common, is not merely a physical mark of the Mongolian race. It is the mark Heaven gave the Dong-Yi tribes long ago, by which the True Parents would inspire and unite all humanity at the arrival of the revolutionary Era after the Coming of Heaven. Furthermore, the Korean race, standing at the center of the Mongolian peoples, is chosen to stand in the forefront of the world's 6.5 billion people. Its mission is to convey True Parents' tradition on their behalf.