Cheon Seong Gyeong: Episode 409
Cheon Seong Gyeong Book 13: Peace Messages
Chapter 1: The Ideal Family in Cheon II Guk
Section 1: The Essence of the Universe and the True Lineage, 11-21
(11) Has there ever been a time when God could welcome with joy the True Father and True Mother of humankind and live His life with them in happiness for one day, one month, one year, ten years, or His entire lifetime? The answer is no; God has not experienced such joy even for one hour. And has anyone been able to comfort God in His pain? No, because no one has known the reason for the unbridgeable gap that has separated God from humankind for tens of thousands of years. No one has known why God and humanity are in such a tragic situation.
The coming of the True Parents
(12) Without exception, human beings are born through an evil lineage as the children of Satan. Ladies and gentlemen, please think deeply about the world around us. Isn’t every moment and every step we take in our daily lives a fierce inner struggle between good and evil?
(13) The conflict between Cain and Abel within Adam’s family became the source of war and conflict throughout human history. We are in conflict on many levels, beginning with the war between mind and body within each individual and extending to wars between nations and even to the global conflict between materialism and theism. Extreme selfish individualism threatens our lives even today. We wish young people would be the hope of humanity, holding the promise for the future, but drugs and free sex enslave them. The advanced countries seem to believe that material goods are all that matter. They recognize only their own interests while ignoring the misery of tens of thousands who die of starvation every day.
(14) Who can untie this ancient knot of Cain and Abel? It has been entangled for thousands of years and grows ever tighter. Do you think the United Nations can do it? The United Nations at its founding proclaimed a movement for world peace and for sixty years has dedicated itself to this task, yet world peace remains far distant. Peace among nations can never come when those entrusted with the task have not resolved the Cain-Abel relationship between their own minds and bodies. Therefore, the time has come to launch the Abel-type sovereignty for the peaceful world, the ideal kingdom that will set its course according to God’s Will.
(15) God longed with All his heart that someone would appear and resolve these tragedies, but no such person or nation appeared on earth. God waited and waited, looking for anyone who would take on the role of the True Parent. If someone had come forward, I am certain that God would have appeared in his dreams, carried the sun and moon to him, showering him with the lightning of joy and thunder of ecstasy from the heavens. In that light, the fact that I, the Reverend Sun Myung Moon, live in the same era as you, breathing the same air as you, is the greatest of all miracles. For the first time in human history, after restoring the lost position of Adam, the owner of true love, someone has received the seal of the True Parent of humankind.
Relationships destined under heavenly law
(16) As we make our way in the world, many connections and relationships inevitably influence our lives. Most of these connections result from the choices we make and the circumstances in which we find ourselves. We can change or sever these relationships through our own effort, as we like. We acquire such relationships, forging them under human law, and can change or sever them by our own effort when we choose. On the other hand, heavenly relationships, which God bequeaths to us at the moment of our birth, lie outside the realm of choice. These fundamental and inescapable relationships are based on connections of blood. Even though you may dislike your parents or siblings, for example, you cannot change them by choice or vote them out of office. This is because they are connected to you through ties of blood. Once you are born into a family with the surname Kim, you live forever in the lineage of the Kim family.
(17) Why can’t humanity escape from the snare of sin? It is because people are born of the false lineage of Satan. Yet that inheritance is not an original blood connection that Heaven bestows in accordance with the providential will and purpose. It is not based upon the Principle. Rather, it is an acquired connection that resulted from a violation of the Principle. It was brought about by human error. Although we lost our parents through the Fall and became orphans, our fundamental relationship endowed by Heaven remains intact. God is our Parent, and we are His children. As a result of the Fall, we became ignorant, as if in a vegetative state, unable to recognize our own Parent even though He has always been within and beside us. Therefore, all people, regardless of any of their other qualities, belong to the fallen lineage, and all people, without exception, have to be born again and change their lineage. This is the only way we can be restored into the lineage that God originally intended for us.
The restoration of true lineage
(18) Our bondage to the lineage of Satan has caused so much suffering throughout history. Humanity has to boldly step forward to sever that tie and be engrafted onto the root of the lineage of the True Parents. Why should we foolishly continue to live and die as wild olive trees? A wild olive tree, even if it lives a thousand years, will only continue producing the seeds of more wild olive trees. Where can we find the path to escape this vicious cycle? It is through the Holy Blessing. The Blessing ceremony offers the grace of being engrafted onto the true olive tree, the True Parents, who bring God’s true lineage to humankind. It is necessary because you cannot change your seed without changing your lineage. The Holy Blessing is received in three stages: rebirth, resurrection, and eternal life.
(19) A cross-cultural marriage is the best way to receive the Holy Blessing, raise an ideal family, and produce the pure seed that is without sin. This contributes to the enormous task of transcending the barriers of race, culture, nationality, ethnicity, and religion and creating one human family. Skin color makes no difference to God; He does not recognize national borders. God does not stand behind the barriers of religion and culture. They are nothing more than tricks of the devil, who has used them to rule over humanity as a false parent for tens of thousands of years.
(20) Imagine two enemy families who have cursed each other throughout their lives, people who would never dream of living together. What would happen if these families joined together through a cross-cultural holy marriage Blessing? The lineage of vengeance would disappear, and there would be only the lineage of true love. If a son from one family and a daughter from the other became husband and wife, loved each other, and built a happy home, would the parents in these two families curse their own grandchildren? If that son were to love this beautiful daughter of a hated enemy and she, as the daughter-in-law, were to give birth to Heaven’s grandchildren, perfectly pure and good, his parents would smile with pleasure. In time the two lineages, once soaked with enmity, would be transformed. What method other than cross-cultural marriage will empower whites and blacks, Jews and Muslims, Orientals and Westerners, and people of all races to live as one human family? The family sets the pattern for living together in harmony. For this fundamental reason, you should receive the Holy Blessing from the True Parents and establish an ideal family, which is Heaven’s tradition, even if it means risking your very life.
(21) Humanity is traveling down a dead-end street. The only way to survive is to practice my teaching, the peace philosophy of true love, true life, and true lineage. Now that we have entered the Era after the Coming of Heaven, your good ancestors are active and heavenly hosts are sweeping down upon the earth. Soon the countries and peoples that appear strong and mighty will have to change course and shift in this direction.