Cheon Seong Gyeong: Episode 365
Cheon Seong Gyeong Book 11: Ceremonies and Holy Days
Chapter 5: The Holy Day and Anniversaries
Section 2. Anniversaries,19-27
(19) God began the Unification Church; therefore, it must not deviate from God’s path. It had a single beginning; thus, its path must take a single direction, and it must arrive at a single destination. Since it began from God, it cannot take a path of its own volition. Since God set the purpose for this organization, and we are gathered according to His purpose, we are moving in a direction united with that purpose. That direction is not something we can control on our own.
(20) We can consider the Unification Church to have the longest history of any religion. The reason I say this is because it has unearthed the history of God’s love, which no one has known. The world of love transcends time and space. Our history began there, and the church is on the way to that destination. As it continues on this path, it delineates and manifests the place of history’s final consummation and connects the sphere of human activity to it. Hence, this church’s history is a history of the past, the present, and the future.
(21) Now, we are changing our name from the Unification Church to the Family Federation for World Peace and Unification. As the Family Federation for World Peace and Unification, we will be at the center to lead the way. Previously the name Unification Church was out in front leading the way, but the time has come for the Family Federation to take the lead while the use of the name “Unification Church” gradually disappears. The phrase “Unification of World Christianity” associated with the Unification Church will disappear. Christianity was unable to fulfill its responsibility. As we enter the era for going beyond that level, the blessings reserved for Christianity will be transferred to all humankind. Our organization was named the Holy Spirit Association for the Unification of World Christianity. Yet as the standard of family messiahship takes root on earth centering on the True Parents, we will complete even the responsibility of the Holy Spirit. The successors of True Parents will live on this earth attending the substantial Holy Spirit. True Parents, who laid the foundation for the families representing spiritual and physical perfection, will be the one model. This model is what they will expand to the nation, the world, and the cosmos. Then the era of the Holy Spirit Association for the Unification of World Christianity will pass.
(22) The organizations that met today represent the nucleus that can bring solidarity centering on the one family. The Women’s Federation stands in the mother’s position. The Youth Federation stands in the position of Cain. The Student Federation stands in the position of Abel. Standing with Mother in the position of Eve, these three organizations must unite as one. From now on, whenever we carry out our group’s activities, we should not operate separately but work together as one. Our organizations worked separately until now because the age we were in focused on the vertical relationship. By working separately, Satan could not overcome us from above, as he might have otherwise. That is why I did not encourage you to form horizontal relationships among the organizations for which you were working. I created many organizations, and my purpose for doing so was for each of them to set its own vertical indemnity conditions on the world level. However, now that the time has come to bring an end to vertical indemnity, we can develop horizontally. Therefore, all organizations will be connected through the Family Federation for World Peace and Unification. The family has to have a solid footing on earth; otherwise, all the restoration through indemnity will have been for naught. So I have outlined the formula.
(23) If you had inherited the lineage of true love centering on God, you would now be a true being imbued with true life, true lineage, and true conscience. However, due to the Fall, you became a false self; that is why your mind and body are in conflict. Now, however, the time has come for all of you throughout the world to join the family of the original Adam. Indeed, all the people of the world must perfect themselves based on this family. What must we do to reach perfection? Fallen families have to take up the task of restoration through indemnity. Individuals and families throughout the world have to invest themselves in accomplishing this, under the guidance of the Family Federation for World Peace and Unification. Perfection has to be achieved by Adam and Eve, a man and a woman. God cannot do it for them. True Parents cannot do it for them. For this purpose, the Family Federation was created. It is a global organization; it will assist you all over the world to leap beyond fallen Adam’s lineage. When you are climbing to the top of a mountain, if on a slope you make a misstep and tumble down, you have to climb up again. It is the same when climbing up the course of restoration. Every time you make a misstep, you have to climb back up again. You have to repeat it again and again until you are successful, even if it takes millions or tens of millions of years.
The prison course and the Day of Victory of Love
(24) When I was imprisoned and my hair was shaved off, I prayed to God, saying that I had not consented to have my head shaved but that the hand of the enemy had dragged me here and forcibly shaved off my hair. You do not know how my eyes burned and glistened at that time. It was bitter to put aside any thoughts of happiness as I watched my hair fall to the floor. The adversities we have to undergo during the course of restoration are intertwined with bitter circumstances. I endured them all. At the time I had to face them, it was bitter sorrow. However, when looking back, I now realize that I was able to overcome each one because God remembered me. This was also the case when I collapsed after being beaten and tortured for several days. I was not beaten for my own sake but for the sake of my people. The tears I shed in pain were tears of indemnity shed on their behalf. As I struggled to cling to God, my life had to be a course of indemnity to the point of receiving His sympathy. I walked this path alone.
(25) The moment I collapsed after being tortured was the moment I could hear God’s voice. I met God when I was on the verge of death. Until the truth of the Unification Church was revealed to the world, numerous incidents happened out of sight, incidents you do not know about. You cannot fathom the deep valleys and dark caverns I had to pass through. Even God would ask me, “How did this befall you?” I came to think that suffering was not a bad thing; I did not grieve over having gone to prison. Instead, I thought, “This is the way I can receive blessings. It is God’s way to bequeath what He owns to me.”
(26) If I were to show you my body, you would see scars, scars that remain from the path that I walked. Whenever I look at them, they seem to me like medals that humankind and God awarded me. They challenge me: “Have you forgotten the determination you made at that time, your pledge to place your life on the line and go forward until death?” It was miserable to get those scars, but as long as they don’t disappear, I cannot disappear. Whenever I see them, whether in the morning, at noon, or in the evening, I pledge to myself that I will be victorious. I encourage myself, saying, “You received these scars as medals, so now you must succeed!”
(27) When I labored at the Hungnam prison, I carried sacks of ammonia fertilizer with my bare hands in the bitterly cold winter. The open wounds in my hands were deep, to the point that my bones were visible through the flesh. Though my hands were bleeding, I continued carrying sacks of ammonia fertilizer every day. Our cotton uniforms completely wore out in a week. After half a year of labor in that place, the cells of my body began to die so that if you pinched the flesh, water would come out. However, I said to myself that this was not a problem at all. I posed the question to myself: “Do you think this is difficult? If you do, then surely you will forsake Heaven when things get even worse. Are you going to be a traitor to Heaven?”