Cheon Seong Gyeong: Episode 295
Cheon Seong Gyeong Book 9: Home Church and the Tribal Messiah
Chapter 3: The Mission of a Church Leader
Section 6: The Providence of Cain and Abel, 16-22
(16) How many people have lived based on God’s viewpoint of life? Sometimes I see you vent your personal anger on your church members and say anything you want to say. You need to know that in a relationship between brothers, the person who was born first is in the position of Cain. Without saving Cain, you cannot become Abel. That means you cannot become the restored Cain. Abel is in the position of the restored Cain, once he saves Cain; that is, eventually, he has to stand in the position of the firstborn son. To be able to attain that position he needs to restore Cain, the elder brother in Satan's world. Abel cannot restore Cain by striking him and forcing him; Abel needs to move Cain's heart to submit voluntarily. Abel needs to show him a new view of the world, a new view of the nation, of life, of the future, of character, and a new lineage and heart. In short, Abel needs to show him something entirely different.
(17) Abel should take a stand that he is willing to die for Cain, to devote his entire life for Cain. Otherwise, Cain will never submit himself to Abel. Only when Abel stands in the position where he is willing to die for Cain is Cain able to return to him. That is why Jesus taught, "Those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it" (Matt. 16:25). These words apply to both Abel and Cain. For Abel to save Cain, he should risk his own life. Otherwise, he cannot save Cain. Cain too needs to be ready to die in order to follow Abel. Otherwise, he cannot truly follow Abel.
(18) The first son belongs to God, as does the second son. What a tragedy that God cannot claim us as His and we cannot call God our Father! It is something we must change. How can we do that? We have to go to the world of the archangel and prevail. The archangel's world represents the realm of the adopted child. As long as you remain in that realm, although you are in the position of Abel, you are still a son or daughter of fallen Adam and not of God. You may stand in the position of a restored archangel, but not in that of a son or daughter of God. That is why your root must be pulled out and replanted. For this purpose, you are destined to return to your hometown and stand in place of your ancestors. That has never been done so far. Then you need to reclaim the right of the eldest son. Thus far, there has been no subject partner who could do that. Amazingly, however, we now have true sons and daughters who have placed True Parents at the center of their lives. Thus, you need to be in harmony with them horizontally.
(19) Who follows the path of indemnity? It is not Cain, but Abel. If there are tears to be shed, Abel should shed them first. If someone has to go hungry, it is Abel who does so first. If someone is to be cursed at or struck, it is Abel. In this way Abel follows the path of indemnity. When a new person joins the church, someone in the Abel position needs to take responsibility for and guide that person. He should stay up all night listening to his or her stories. In the position of his or her father, he should discuss that person's concerns, shed tears and pray for him or her. When the new member sets out for home, that Abel should go along, because otherwise, he would feel uneasy. When morning comes, the Abel should go and wait in front of the new member's house. The one in the Abel position has to be willing to do all these things. Abel must be a person who likes people, who likes Cain more than anyone else. Then Cain can easily follow Abel's footsteps, although they both take the path of indemnity. Thus, you should walk the path of indemnity.
(20) In the relationship between Cain and Abel, our final goal is the restoration of lineage. The root of the archangel's lineage that we received from birth must be exchanged for the root of the original Adam's lineage. False love corrupted that root. Since that root is connected to Satan's love, life, and lineage, it must be severed. We need to receive an infusion of God's love, life, and lineage. That is why it is written in the Bible, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind" (Matt. 22:37). What does it mean to love with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind? It means that you have to totally invest your love, your life, and your blood. To offer devotion means to love God. Therefore, to love God with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind is the first great commandment taught by Jesus. It defends us against the bloodline of Satan's world. This issue is of fundamental importance.
(21) Until now you have not known the tactics of God and Satan, but now you do. Abel is struck first, but later can claim back what was lost. Satan seems to win by striking first, but in the end he has to return what he took, and more. Although the evil side might conquer the other party by striking first, it will not prosper. Instead, it will lose what it has taken, including even what is good under its dominion. By analogy, the way God works can be compared to a chef who makes a sweet rice cake but has to hand it over to a robber. Then, when the chef takes it back, he or she finds there are powdered beans as extra topping on the rice cake. For a time, evil can flourish in the position from which it strikes goodness, but that does not mean that Heaven's side will be vanquished.
(22) You Unification Church members stand in the position of Abel because you know the Principle. That is why you should be the first to confront Satan, fight against him, and separate yourselves from Satan's world. It means that you must come into the realm of God's love. However, that is not all. You should be willing to sacrifice yourself to appease the grieving heart of God and the sorrowful hearts of your brothers and sisters who are tied to Satan's world. Sacrifice yourself willingly for them, and at the price of your life try to deliver them from Satan's world. The providence of restoration advances when Abel makes sacrifices. Remember this formula; it is a key component in the advancement of God's providence.