Cheon Seong Gyeong: Episode 177
Cheon Seong Gyeong Book 6: True Creation
Chapter 4: A Vision for Nature and the Ocean
Section 3: The Era of the Ocean, 30
Section 4: The Deep Meaning of Ocean Fishing, 04
The oceans and the task of feeding all of humankind
(30) The sea is a world treasure containing two-thirds of the world market of raw materials. This is critical from the viewpoint of carrying out God’s restoration providence based on His Will. Do you think there are deposits of diamonds in the ocean, or not? I estimate there are twice as many diamonds in the ocean as on land. Furthermore, in the sea, we also find seaweed and fish, and these can be used as food. The area of the ocean floor covered by seaweed is vast. The supply of fish in the sea is almost limitless. Would a person who thinks of such things not develop an interest in them? Anyone who thinks about these things would be more interested in the ocean than the land.
(31) The resources we can get from dry land are limited but those that come from the sea are unlimited. One fish can lay several million eggs. Considering this, the resources of the sea are unlimited. If these eggs were hatched artificially, it would be possible to hatch nearly 100 percent of them. By correctly adjusting the feeding process and providing other raw materials, it is possible to harvest unlimited resources from the sea. The ocean is unique in this; that is why I am thinking about matters of the sea. In the future, whole families can live under the ocean. We have to think about homes beneath the ocean’s surface. We can also set up aquatic businesses in the ocean. In this way, we can develop unlimited resources and expand them.
(32) The only way to resolve humanity's food shortage is to farm fish. In the future, there will be buildings by the sea with hundreds of floors. With the press of a button, everyone will be able to farm fish. If you own just one hundred pyeong (0.8 acres), your household will be able to generate enough income for all your children to go to college, and you can live comfortably. Science is advancing swiftly during our lifetime. It will allow us to draw in seawater that is tens, hundreds, or even thousands of miles away. We can build fish-farming structures in the mountains, as many as we need. Without doing so, humanity's food shortage cannot be resolved. That is why I am so serious about this.
(33) Salmon live in the ocean but they swim up to freshwater to breed. We need to build fish farms that will somehow allow some species of freshwater fish to live in saltwater and some species of saltwater fish in freshwater. Do you know why? We cannot catch and eliminate parasites one by one. So to protect the fish, why not move those saltwater fish to freshwater? Within one month the parasites will be gone. This is a simple idea. If we have two-week cycles, we can do it regularly. It is possible to control such a process, by which we could swap the freshwater and saltwater fish. You cannot compare this output to that of a land-based ranch or farm.
(34) If you are fishing in barren waters, you may need to build a fish farm. The time has come when you can farm fish, transport them somewhere, and then go fishing for them there. If you build a fish farm somewhere with the right climate, you can transport any type of fish anywhere and stock the ponds so people can catch them. You can transport them in a boat, release them and catch them again. Also, the time will come when you will be able to easily hunt any animal, even tigers. You will be able to breed wolves and release them in the hunting grounds. You will be able to hunt bears. You also will be able to breed other animals for hunting.
(35) I am researching tuna to find a solution to the food shortage facing humanity. I want to breed huge numbers of tuna and release them after two months when they are big enough not to be eaten by other fish. Tuna travel at an average speed of ten miles per hour; when they swim fast they can reach five times that speed. They are among the fastest fish in the ocean. The tuna is such an amazing fish! Usually when it swims its dorsal fin is depressed, but when its prey is nearby it opens its pectoral fins to go in for the kill. Its power is like that of a torpedo. Tuna travel throughout all five oceans. When we release tuna after breeding them artificially, our food problem will be solved and there will be no pollution issue. That is why I am now developing the tuna fishery business.
(36) At the South Pole, there are small shrimp-like creatures, called Antarctic krill. Every year 150 million tons of krill die there. The amount of fish currently being eaten by people every year is less than 150 million tons. These krill have the highest quality of protein. Fish cannot compare to that. So I have thought about how to process krill. That is why we are making krill into powder. God created them as fish food. But the uneaten krill all die. Every year, countless dead krill float about in the sea, leading to pollution. To solve this problem, after years of study, I have decided to produce krill powder.
(37) Every year 20 million people die of hunger around the world. I am the one who should solve this problem, and as a representative of all humanity, I should also solve the problem of the destruction of the ozone layer caused by environmental pollution. I have to pay attention to all fields of human life. If I cant do so, you should, even though you have to shed your tears and sweat. You should be determined to leave your footprints on top of mine. The way of the Principle lies in following the footsteps along that path. You cannot skip past those footsteps. Even our descendants in the generations to come must follow the exact same way of the Principle. This is the path of indemnity.
Section 4. The Deep Meaning of Ocean Fishing
(1) Catching tuna is not fishing; it is more like hunting at sea. I imagine you are hearing the term "hunting at sea" for the first time. Catching one tuna is far harder than killing a large bull. One tuna can weigh more than one thousand pounds. Some tuna is five hundred, six hundred or even seven hundred kilograms, which is bigger than a bull. It is exciting to catch such fish! We drain all the blood out since tuna will spoil if the blood is left in it for an extended period of time. In an instant, the water becomes a sea of blood. At that moment I cannot help but think, "Oh, I am so merciless to do this to this fish!" Whenever I feel that way, however, I think, "I have to do as God does, who uses us as a sacrificial offering for the liberation of humanity." Also, I feel better when Hell myself, "Well, these fish were caught from nature and I never invested myself in raising them, but from now on I will raise fish and offer them as a sacrifice." For this reason, I am involved in the fish farming and marine products industries.
Ocean fishing for a healthy mind
(2) It is so interesting to see fish swimming in the sea. There are small fish in the shallowest areas at the edge of the ocean, and then as the water gets deeper you find bigger fish. The smallest fish are eaten by slightly larger fish, and the slightly larger fish are eaten by fish that are even larger, and the cycle keeps repeating itself. What is interesting is that the young have a similar appearance, whether they are baby whales or baby tuna. Baby Alaska pollack and baby tuna look similar. The food chain represents a process that all things take part in. There is no complaint. The offspring of the big fish are not born so large that they can eat all the small fish. They all start in the same position. God is fair like this.
(3) The deeper you go into the ocean, the greater the differences in temperature you will find. The species of fish change entirely, even with a temperature shift of only one or two degrees. Although most people do not know this, the fish of the world search the five oceans for a compatible temperature layer in the water that may only differ one degree from other layers. It is mysterious. Even though one day you may see unlimited numbers of fish in a specific location as if the ocean were half water and half fish when you return the next day you may find not even one. This is due to the difference in water temperature. The fish disappear entirely when the water temperature changes by even half a degree. To people, a one- or two-degree difference is not an issue, but for fish it is huge. People can live in the Arctic regions, the tropics, and the temperate regions, but this is not the case for animals.
(4) When we go ocean fishing we are not just going to a place where the horizon is flat. To catch fish, we must go where there are rocks on the bottom. There are creatures living on the rocks and fish gather there. When you observe the water flow and see waves, there are fish there. If you go to a place where the waves are three to five meters high, you will find fish. You need to be near such a place to catch fish.