Cheon Seong Gyeong: Episode 179
Cheon Seong Gyeong Book 6: True Creation
Chapter 4: A Vision for Nature and the Ocean
Section 4: The Deep Meaning of Ocean Fishing, 17-23
(17) For fishing, the best bait is love. In fishing for all the people of the world, God's bait is love. With what bait could you fish for history and for God? If there were any bait that could catch God, wouldn't you want to prepare that bait? That bait is love. If there were any bait that could catch history and catch heaven and earth, it would be love.
(18) Now our time has come. The time that God has been longing for has come. The one time for which so many people, so many saints, and sages, shed their blood has now arrived in front of our eyes. This is our time. I feel it is like a big fish now circling our hook, eyeing the bait that looks and smells so good. I am ready to yank up the rod as soon as the fish strikes. In this respect, I think fishing is such a wonderful hobby. You wait with your rod even past midnight, until three or four o'clock in the morning, almost falling asleep. In the distance you hear a dog barking and a rooster crowing; at that moment the bell on the fishing rod rings. You snap back to life in an instant with all senses alert. It is so quick, faster than lightning. If you have this kind of spirit, unity in the world will come. Even if your eyes are closed and you are snoring, when a fish bites, you are holding the rod straight up and so are instantly alert. That's how it is. That joy, the taste of that moment, is truly heavenly training.
A vision for the future of humankind
(19) We need to conquer the oceans in the future. By myself alone I will recover all the gold, silver, and treasures in the sea. After thinking about it, I concluded that we have to dig many tunnels. For this reason, I came up with the International Peace Highway project. If I could drill a tunnel under the sea and construct a road, then create a door, wouldn't it be fun to open that door and catch a fish? How wonderful it would be if we could directly supply ships with oil from under the seabed using a pipeline? There is an unlimited supply of oil under the ocean. How great it would be if we could provide oil from a pipeline with one press of a button.
(20) Human beings should be free to go anywhere. If they want to go to the ocean or mountains, they should be free to do so without any national boundaries. They should be able to live beneath the water as well. The age will come when, through scientific advances, we can build a submarine and live freely underwater. Otherwise, humanity will have no place to live. A submarine sinks by letting water into its tank until it becomes heavy enough to sink. With the push of a button, you can control the inflow and outflow of water and accordingly dive or rise in the water. Therefore we can live in the water. There is no better place in heaven and earth than that which lies deeper than ten meters. If you go down thirty meters it is very calm. A truly serene world emerges, an underwater kingdom. If you go up in the air, however, you can encounter trouble with lots of wind and constant change. The air currents and atmosphere are capricious and it can suddenly storm. That is why I believe living in the ocean is an ideal way of life.
(21) In the future, we will be able to live beneath the ocean. That's why I have initiated research on a five-person submarine. When the wind is not blowing, the calm sea lets you feel like a billionaire, a master of the ocean. You don't know how mystical and awe-inspiring this is. Think what it would be like if a husband and wife could look over the great ocean on the crystal-clear surface of the sea when the winds are calm, dreaming about their love nest while talking about their future together. That would not be a problem. If a storm should descend, they could dive in their submarine thirty meters below to safety. A time will come when we will be able to live freely under the water. Therefore you do not have to worry about the Republic of Korea being small.
(22) In the future there will be a shortage of food on land, so we will live in the ocean. In the ocean, we will eat fish instead of meat, and we will eat seaweed instead of vegetables. If you were a leader, wouldn't you have such a plan so we could live in the ocean in the future? Isn't there enough oxygen in the water? We can supply oxygen by extracting it from the water. What is the percentage of oxygen in ocean water? We could never consume it all. In the near future, the time will come when we will conquer the ocean.
(23) I am preparing for the future world. I am not doing this because I love the ocean. It is difficult being at sea. My entire body was sore after one week of this. Still, I pushed myself, telling myself "there is so much to do; do not use your age as an excuse." I could not rest. After about ten days, even if I went out early in the morning and stayed out until midnight, I had no physical problem whatsoever. Nonetheless, those people who fished with me were dozing while holding their fishing rods. Since I was the commander, in a position to give orders, I always thought I had to catch the first fish. Thinking like that, I anticipated when the fish would take my bait. That kind of determination is awesome.